CompTIA and New Horizons join forces to help career changers prepare for a new career in IT.
FREE CompTIA IT Fundamentals Course
CompTIA, the world's leading tech association and New Horizons South Florida, the leading IT training Company in South Florida for over 20 years is giving back to our community by offering a 2-day CompTIA IT Fundamentals Training Course for free.
Who is this course for?
Anyone thinking about changing careers and getting into IT. No prior tech experience is required. Whether you've lost your job, are searching for a new career, or wanting to make a positive change in your life, we know things can feel overwhelming and uncertain. But one thing that has not changed is how much all of us at New Horizons care about our students and their success. That is why we're super-excited to announce New Horizons, in partnership with CompTIA, is offering a free educational program at no charge to you. IT careers may seem intimidating to some, but you'll be surprised to learn that the skills you have from other fields also apply to IT.
Learn more about IT skills.
Anyone can take advantage of this FREE 2-Day CompTIA IT Fundamentals course.
This course is offered online with a live remote instructor with real-world experiences. You can work from the comfort of your home. All you need is a working internet connection and a computer, laptop, tablet, or other device.
Don't wait! There are a limited number of virtual seats open for the first class. Sign-up for this free 2-day online live training while still available.
Why CompTIA IT Fundamentals?
CompTIA IT Fundamentals will help you determine if IT is the field for you and helps students and career changers see just how quickly it is to get a new career in information technology. It covers many areas of IT -- creating a broader understanding of IT and mainly for non-technical professionals. It is the ideal starting point for anyone looking to launch a career in IT and can lead to many possible career pathways.
What you will learn?
- Set up a computer workstation and use basic software applications.
- Explain the functions and types of devices used within a computer system.
- Apply basic computer maintenance and support principles.
- Describe some principles of software and database development.
- Configure computers and mobile devices to connect to home networks and to the Internet.
- Identify security issues affecting the use of computers and networks.
What is included in the New Horizons CompTIA IT Fundamentals Training course?
- Live instructor-led course over the internet
- Learn the basics of IT
- Learn by doing with real-world exercises
- Interactive discussions from people that have successfully changed careers in IT
- Free courseware provided by CompTIA
- Free 30-minute career coaching workshop to answer questions about careers in IT
- Free 30-day library of content to reinforce what you learned beyond the class
This is your chance to do something positive for yourself. Complete the form to sign-up for this free 2-day online training.